Raiders cornerback Lamarcus Joyner

chenyan94
 wasn’t too eager to watch himself on Hard Knocks with the Rams a few years back." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesSilver And Black Pride homepageHorizontal - WhiteSilver And Black Pridean Oakland Raiders communityFollow Silver And Black Pride online:Follow Silver And Black Pride on TwitterFollow Silver And Black Pride on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchSilver And Black Pride main menuFanpostsFanshotsRaidersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Second experience with Hard Knocks much more positive one for Lamarcus JoynerNew Cheap Maxx Crosby Jersey ,16commentsRaiders cornerback Lamarcus Joyner wasn’t too eager to watch himself on Hard Knocks with the Rams a few years back.PDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Second experience with Hard Knocks much more positive one for Lamarcus JoynerTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailAntonio Brown congratulates Lamarcus Joyner on a pass breakupOakland RaidersYou won’t find many more confident and jovial players than Lamarcus Joyner. He is always smiling, he has complete faith in his abilities as a defensive back, whether it’s at safety or corner and he proves it every day. But it wasn’t always that way.Tonight is the premiere of Hard Knocks. This is the second time Joyner has been on a team that was on the show. The last time wasn’t a great experience for him.“Aw, man, I was in a funk, man, I was in a fog and didn’t really want to watch Hard Knocks,” said Joyner.The ‘funk’ he was in was, of course, caught on camera by the Hard Knocks crew. Joyner was feeling pretty lost as to his role with the team under then coach Jeff Fisher. And it caused him to lose his passion for the game — something that seems unfathomable when you spend any time around Joyner now.In a teaser for the show, Joyner went to Fisher’s office and pours his heart out to Fisher.“I don’t know coach, I don’t know where my passion’s gone,” Joyner tells Fisher. “I work hard. I do want to be a starter for this team. What’s going on? If y’all don’t need me, let me know. And just release me and y’all can have y’all’s money back. That’s what I told them. I said I don’t play football for money. I said all these guys they be in the locker room, it’s about money, it’s about girls, it’s about cars. Coach, I love this game.”With that kind of role for Joyner, it’s understandable he didn’t make the show appointment viewing. That was Jeff Fisher’s last year as head coach of the Rams. Not coincidentally it was also Joyner’s last season as a part time starter. Since then he has been a full time starting defensive back — the past two seasons as a starting free safety under new coach Sean McVay and now as a starting nickel corner for the Raiders. He’s just little bit more excited to watch the show this time around.“Oh for sure. This time around,” Joyner said of whether he’s watching the premiere tonight.“This time it’s been truly a blessing to be part of this organization. It’s all been smiles and happiness.”Head coach Jon Gruden put a wet blanket on the party Vontaze Burfict Jersey , making sure it was clear his players won’t be watching the show live though.“Maybe some guys will put it on, I don’t even know what it’s called where you can record it and watch it whenever you can, but we are not going to be eating crackerjacks and peanuts and watching it,” said Gruden. “We got meetings, we got the Rams coming in here and I know players I’m sure are excited to see the show and they’ve done a good job, the Hard Knocks people, putting together. I’m not going to say anything further because I’ll be in a meeting.”As for the rest of you, the show will come on HBO at 10pm ET/PST. But if you are on the West Coast and have HBO GO or HBO NOW you can catch it when it airs on the East Coast which is 7pm Pacific.Follow @LeviDamien The Bye is over so now it’s back to the grind of this 2018 NFL season. This game against the Indianapolis Colts in Oakland started out with the Raiders kicking off to the Colts. Indianapolis showed off why they are leading the league in 3rd down conversion percentages with 3 of them on their drive. They eventually scored with an absurd 1 handed touchdown catch by former basketball player Mo Allie-Cox. The opening drive score made it 7-0 Indianapolis.Oakland’s offense went 3 and out on their opening drive after Jordy Nelson slipped on the 3rd down play. Again the Raiders defense just could not stop Andrew Luck and the Colts offense without giving up points. They did finally stop them on a 3rd down play though when they knocked down a pass on 3rd and 2 in the red zone. It was Luck’s first incomplete pass of the day and forced an Adam Vinatieri field goal to make the score 10-0 Colts. The field goal from Vinatieri tied Morton Anderson’s all-time NFL points record so just one more point from the man who won the Tuck Rule game for the Patriots and he will have scored more points than anybody else in NFL history.The Raiders narrowly avoided a second straight 3 and out but Derek Carr managed to throw a first down pass to a double covered Jared Cook while the pocket collapsed on top of him. The great play kickstarted the Oakland offense as they got a nice receiver screen to Brandon Lafell for a 1st down, followed by another first down by Dwayne Harris and then got their touchdown on a 31 yard pass down the seems to a wide open Seth Roberts on the next play after that. The touchdown made the score 10-7 Colts.Indy’s offense went no where on their next drive thanks to Raiders cornerback Gareon Conley. He came up with a big pass deflection to force a 3 and out from Indy so the Colts had to use their punter for the first time of the game. That got the ball back to the Raiders offense who continued their strong momentum from the last drive. They went 69 yards in 7 plays and scored on another pass down the seam, this one a 25 yarder to Jared Cook. That touchdown gave the Raiders the lead 14-10 after starting the game down 10-0.Unfortunately the Colts brilliantly switched up their game plan and proceeded to gash the Raiders repeatedly with the run game. The Raiders defense came up big in the red zone again though to force another Colts field goal. The chip shot field goal made the score 14-13 and set the All-Time points record for Adam Vinatieri. The Raiders kneeled out the remaining clock so Oakland went into the locker room with that 14-13 lead.Oakland got the ball first in the 2nd half and their offense was still clicking better than we’ve seen from them almost all season. This drive featured 4 straight 1st down plays (catches by Lafell and Seth Roberts, followed by first down runs from Doug Martin and Jalen Richard) which helped them get into the red zone very quickly. They capped off the play yard drive with a 4th and goal QB sneak by Derek Carr for his first ever (How the hell did it take so long?!?) rushing touchdown. The play was originally ruled short but was overturned on review and made the score 21-13.Indianapolis once again took advantage of the Raiders porous run defense with a 49 yard run to start out their next drive. They scored on 3rd down after that on another ridiculous jumping catch from a tight end. This time it was Eric Ebron on a 20 yard reception for the TD on the 4 play, 75 yard drive. They went for 2 and got it on a wide receiver screen to tie the game at 21. The Oakland offense wasn’t bothered by the Colts quick score though, they kept their hot streak going again. They slashed right through the Indy defense with a mix of runs and passes that included a 30 yarder to Jared Cook followed by an 11 yard Doug Martin run on the next play to get down to the Indianapolis 11. They got their touchdown on 3rd down after that on a pass to Brandon Lafell with Carr getting away from two defenders to throw the dart to Lafell. The touchdown gave the Raiders the lead again at 28-21.Back and forth we go though because the Raiders defense just can not get off the field without giving up points. The biggest play on the drive was a 34 yard completion to T.Y. Hilton on a 1st and 20 play down to the Oakland 15. They got their touchdown on a 3rd and goal run through the middle of the defense right after Erik Harris dropped an interception in the end zone the play before. The touchdown run from Marlon Mack tied the game once again, 28-28.The back and forth ended on the Raiders next drive along with Derek Carr’s 17 straight pass completions. Unfortunately that streak ended on a 3rd down pass that Carr just lofted over the receivers head. Making things worse, Johnny Townsend did yet another dud of a punt in his terrible rookie season, this one only netted 24 yards after a nasty bounce backwards on the kick. The Colts started at their own 43 yard line and quickly decimated the Raiders defense for another TD to retake the lead 35-28. This TD was an NFL record 3rd different TE of the Colts to score, this time it was Jack Doyle. Doyle had 4 catches for 52 yards and the TD on the drive.The first play of the Raiders next drive Doug Martin fumbled the ball and Indianapolis recovered it at the Oakland 28 with 5:16 left in the 4th. They took advantage of the turnover and eventually scored on another goal line touchdown run from Marlon Mack.That made the score 42-28 Indianapolis, they have out scored Oakland 21-0 in the 4th quarter. The Raiders got the ball back with 3 minutes to go but down 2 touchdowns. They couldn’t get in rhythm on the drive and turned the ball over on downs back to the Colts. Indianapolis then ran out the rest of the clock with Jon Gruden choosing not to use his 2 remaining timeouts to delay the inevitable. Raiders lose 42-28.